Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'll Be Missing You - "P.Diddy" ft. Faith Evans

(Honestly, I don't keep up with his names. Isn't it Diddy now? Smh.)
No smart comments about that, please

Anyways, I listen to this song a lot. It's currently the song you are listening to, that is unless you have stopped the song because it was interrupting what you were just now listening to. Either that or you just don't like the song I have provided. Oh well! Okay so this song means a lot to me for many reasons. My dad was obsessed with music. When I was a kid, he had cassette tapes all over the house and in his car. There was a few songs he listened to that stand out in my memory, The Police's "Every Breath You Take" being one of them. Now if you have never heard the song before, it seems as though [P.Diddy] sampled the melody and the end result was "I'll Be Missing You" featuring Faith Evans. Not only that, but around '97 when the song came out my Dad and I listened to the same radio stations. This song began to play and we both loved it. Just the sound of the song reminds me of him as well as the good times we have had. Honestly, in '97 when I was about 7 or 8 I wasn't listening to the words, but as I got older and the song would play on the radio every once and a while I listened. I relate to almost every single word. I feel the lyrics. It brings me to tears, to be honest.
One more thing, I believe that both of these songs ("Every Breath You Take" and "I'll Be Missing You") are perfect for my Dad and I. In "Every Breath You Take" the lyrics are:
"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you"
I feel as though that's my Dads version to me. Everything I do, he's going to be there watching over me. As for "I'll Be Missing You" the lyrics are:
"Every step I take
Every move I make
Every single day
Every time I pray
Ill be missing you"
This is my version to him. No matter what I do, I'll be missing him.

Well, I've shared my thoughts. Here's The Police's "Every Breath You Take" to ease your curiosity. Just in case. (Now that I think about it, this song is a little stalker-creepy.)


Every Breath You Take - The Police
R.I.P. William Edward Horn

1 comment:

Monica West said...

I think its amazing how your emotions hit the page like falling raindrops when you write blogs. ily